5c i).State the Criteria for a good project
For a project to be good, it must satisfy these criteria:
- Relevancy: it should be relevant to the instructional objective and topic under study.
- Usefulness: it should result in a worthwhile end product fulfilling a long-standing need.
- Economical: it should be reasonable in so far as time, effort, cost, and availability of resources are concerned.
- Suitable and challenging: should be challenging enough and suitable to the mental age and ability of the learners, not too difficult or too simple. If difficult, the learners will be discouraged; if too easy, they will lose interest or not see the seriousness of the activity.
- Interesting and appealing: this is possible if the projects are chosen depending on the interests of the learners.
- Richness: it should promote an interdisciplinary approach to learning where the knowledge is viewed as a whole.
- Reality: the project should be based on real life situation. The learning experiences in a project must be capable of being applied in life.