5c ii). Preparation for a project
In planning to use a project approach to teaching and learning, the following guidelines would be useful:
- The teacher/students should identify a project to work on.
- The teacher should discuss the project with the students so that they understand what it is.
- The learners should decide democratically and plan on what they should work on within the project.
- The learners should cooperate to execute the plan with the teacher’s guidance. Some of the activities should include: observing, drawing, painting, modeling, interviewing, reading and writing.
- The teacher and the learners should evaluate the project. Constructive criticism should be made on the completed project so that an improvement is made on it.
- The teacher should record the project in a book for future reference. This record will include: how the problem was identified, duties assigned, problems experienced and experience gained by the learners.