5c iv).Explain the disadvantages of project method
- It upsets the routine work of the school. This is especially the case with the case with fieldwork.
- It is not possible to apply all the subjects in a single project.
- Sometimes teachers end up emphasizing trivial points when they are trying to show inter relatedness of topics or subjects.
- Learners do not always make the best choices. As such the choices they make do not reflect their interest and ability
- Learners get difficulties in getting relevant books for book –based projects.
- Sometimes learners may not comprehend what they are doing. This is especially the case with book-based projects where students may just copy notes without understanding.
- The method is very demanding on the part of the teacher for it needs efficiency and resourcefulness. This scares off many teachers from trying it out.
- Grades given to learners do not always reflect the actual ability or performance of each individual student.
- Project method is expensive and time-consuming especially the field based one.
- If not well-placed, learners may lose sight or vision of the project and utilize that time to enjoy themselves or engage in other unproductive activities.