5d ii).What are the roles and responsibilities of students in the preparation process?
Just like he the teacher, the learners must prepare for the visit. Their preparation should include the following
- Understanding the objectives of the visit in advance
- Being clear on what to look for during the trip
- Preparing questions/questionnaires in advance with the help of the teacher
- Dividing themselves into groups under a group leader dependent on their area of interest with the guidance of the teacher.
- A collection of the apparatus and other materials needed.
- Taking responsibilities
What are some of the responsibilities learners ought to take when they prepare for a visit.
- Writing down details of the visit;
- Listing down areas of interest;
- Taking photographs;
- Tape recording;
- Interviewing resource people;
- Being in charge of food, drinks/refreshments; and
- Taking care of first aid box and cases.