1e(iv). What are the factors that influence learning?
Learning is affected by the following factors:
- Intelligence of the learner
- The nature of subject matter,that is, the type of content being learned.
- The significance placed by the learner on what is being learned.
- The method and resources used for learning.
- The learning style of the learner.
- The psychological state of the learner.
- The environment around which learning is taking place.
(V) Highlight conditions which determine efficient learning ?
Efficient learning is determined by :
- Stating clear objectives in behavioral terms, that is what is to be learned .
- Readiness for learning in terms of intellectual physical, emotional or social maturation.
- Use of communication methods appropriate to the age and ability of the learner.
- Careful guidance throughout the learning experience.
- Preliminary recall of all previously acquired knowledge relevant to the new materials to be learned.
- Learner paying full attention on what is being learned and the maintenance of concentration throughout the learning process.
- Strong motivation to learn.
- Active involvement by the learner in the learning process.
- Feedback to the learner which indicates the progress being made in the learning process.