3b v). Explain the considerations and preparations a teacher of religious education has to make for a field trip.
Consideration for a trip
- The educational goal for the trip.
- The suitability of field trips.
- The time required.
- The cost involved in terms of transport, food, out of pocket etc.
Preparation for the trip
- Identify a relevant place.
- Discuss the intended trip with the administration.
- Identify objectives of the trip.
- Inform the learners about the trip.
- Contact relevant people or agents to seek permission and to agree on date, time, and number of students coming and the activities they would be involved in.
- Assign students various roles during the trip and the activities they would be involved in.
- Providing the students with the materials and apparatus needed.
- Enlisting the support and assistance of members of staff and parents during the trip. They will have to accompany you