3a vi).Explain the steps to be followed in the debate process.
- Select a topic or a question to be debated on.
- Allow students to form two teams, one for the topic and another arguing against it.
- Select a chairman and a time-keeper.
- Choose first speakers, one for another against.
- Choose second speakers, one for and another against
- The speakers should be given 5-7 minutes each
- Allow for first rebuttal for, and first rebuttal against.
- Give chance for second rebuttal for, and second rebuttal against.
- Allow time for a general discussion, this is when the floor is open for the rest of