3b vii). State the step by step organization of role playing in Religious Education.
Organization of role play
- Select a topic in a C.R.E or I.R.E syllabus, which the class understands very well.
- Specify the purpose for role playing e.g. is it to highlight the prize of unfaithfulness/irresponsible behaviour.
- Explain areas of emphasis in the topic.
- Decide the number of the players.
- Encourage the audience (learners) to volunteer to play different roles.
- Select the required number from those who volunteer to partici
- Use your discretion to assign roles.
- Be sure that the players understand the situation and their roles.
- Brief the audience and make sure everyone understands what the players are trying to do.
- Let the students act out the situation.
- Stop a player when she steps out of the role or when she cannot continue with success.
- If time allows get a second group of students to play the roles when the first group has finished.
- Summarize the role play presentation, with a short discussion.
- Give concluding remarks, correcting any misinterpretations and errors made.