5a v). Assess the various factors that affect the choice of media
Factors that affect the choice of media
- The relevancy of the media to the topic being discussed, and the objectives to be achieved.
- The accuracy and authenticity of the information presented in the media.
- The suitability of the material in relation to the age and level of the audience.
- The clarity of images and sounds presented in the media.
- The attractiveness of the material in relation to colours, the print and illustrations.
- The quality of the production material.
- Availability of the media and the facilities e.g. electricity, rooms/halls and its size.
- The regency of the information presented in the media. Is it up-to-date?
- The size of the media and the audience.
- The skills of the audience in relation to media