3b iv).Examine the relevance of field trips.
Field trips also known as religious visits are related to project method in that a project can take the form of a trip to an area/a village where the project is being conducted. It calls for a visit to an area of religious value to the learners. Possible areas where trips can be made to are:
- An established church or a mosque, a traditional shrine/ grove, mountain or river with a religious significance.
- Community events such as marriages, baptism, crusades, funerals, initiation ceremonies, Easter and Christmas celebration e.t.c
- Hospitals where there are HIV / AIDS patients.
- Rehabilitation centres for HIV/AIDS patients or orphans or even drug addicts.
- Children homes for orphans and abandoned children in need of love.
- A village devastated by HIV/AIDS – Kendu Bay, Rang’
- Approved schools to illustrate what can befall them when they disobey God, the parents and the teachers.
- A police station or prison to see criminal
- A visit to a law court to listen to court proceedings
- A visit to parliament to listen to the proceedings