TRANSMISSION METHODS IN THE TEACHING OF RELIGIOUS
2a iii). What are some of the factors one should consider in the preparation phase of the lecturer method?
In the preparation phrase one should:
- Identify the main theme of the lecture.
- Divide the lecture in three parts: Introduction, Main body and Conclusion.
- In the Introduction, find some interest catching device to capture the audience’s interest e.g. a poem, a song, a picture
- In the main body, the talk should be partitioned in a few briefly worded ideas in a logical order.
- Prepare questions that will be asked in strategic places of the lecture.
- Prepare (charts, audio visual aids, models, and pictures on the issue at hand, which will accompany the lecture.