TRANSMISSION METHODS IN THE TEACHING OF RELIGIOUS
2b ii). What are some of the qualities of a good story?
Qualities of a good story
A good story should be:
- Relevant to what is being or is to be taught. It should also have important factual information no religion or issue being taught.
- Interesting, dramatic and exciting, evoking memories of vividness.
- Short, simple with a few characters.
- Suggesting and inspiring the student to action.
- Of a good moral, i.e. the good should be rewarded and evil punished.
- Convincingly real, i. containing authentic detail which will make the characters alive to the learners.
- Based on real life/Biblical/Quranic or African situation or be within learners’