3g iv). State how a history room should be maintained.
How to maintain a history room
The learners with the help of the teacher should furnish the room. After furnishing it, maintenance
- The teacher should assign duties to learners to:
- clean the room;
- care for the furniture, books and other displayed materials in the room;
- arrange and file documents.
- The teacher should encourage learners to equip the history room by collecting and preparing materials to be used so that the room can grow steadily and constantly with time.
- The teacher should change material when it has served its purpose.
- The teacher should make sure that whatever is there serves a purpose.
Note: In our schools, this provision for a history room is not there, but it is the duty of a history teacher to campaign for one. One has to convince the administration that it is a necessity for effective history teaching and learning