6b iv).State the advantages of objective tests.
Objective tests have a number of advantages:
- They allow for a wide content coverage.
- They can be used to encourage learners to learn facts, concepts and principles.
- They encourage students to pay close attention to what they are studying because the questions call for specific information.
- The answers can be scored quickly and more objectively than in other forms of testing.
- Students are able to respond quickly to questions thus spending less time in the test.
- They have high scoring reliability because there is only one correct answer per question.
- They are easy to mark and therefore save the teacher’s time especially where large numbers are involved,