4 a i). State the criterion that a syllabus ought to satisfy.
- Aims in terms of the subject matter.
- Suitability in terms of the learners’ abilities.
ii). Identify the importance of having a syllabus.
- It specifies the specific objectives to be covered at a given level of education.
- It identifies the time to spend on each topic, the resources, the methods and types of assessment to be used in teaching the subject.
- It makes the teacher focused in teaching because it identifies the specific topics to be taught and what objectives to be realized in a given class and how long one should take on each content.