6a v). Examine the different methods through which a teacher can use to assess his students.
How do we assess?
Assessment could be done through the following means:
- Direct observation, focusing on attitudes, values and skills.
- Questionnaires that are used to evaluate attitudes, skills and knowledge,
- Checklists focusing on certain traits exhibited.
- Oral assessment, which is good for students, whose reading and writing abilities are limited. This form of assessment is used to get immediate feedback.
- Projects/assignments where tasks are given to learners individual!} or as a group.
- Written tests.