3e viii). Explain the advantages of using the radio as a mode of teaching.
Advantages of using the radio
The radio is important in History and Government teaching because of these reasons:
- It motivates the learners to learn by providing a variety of voices, e.g. radio teacher, and radio students, thus breaking the classroom monotony.
- It has power to stimulate the learners’ imaginative ability.
- It provides learners with recent information not available in books.
- It provides for individual learning and independence in cases where the learners listen to the radio programmes during their free time.
- It improves learners’ listening skill, which is important in any learning process.
- Radio programmes can be tape-recorded and preserved for future use.