2f iv). Describe the organization of role playing.
Organization of role playing
A teacher could organize vole-playing using the following stages:
- Select a topic that the class understands very well.
- Give the purpose for rote-playing,
- Explain areas of emphasis in the topic
- Decide on the number of the players.
- Encourage learners to volunteer to play different roles.
- Select the required number from those who volunteer to participate.
- Use your discretion to assign roles.
- Be sure that the players understand the situation and their roles.
- Brief the audience and make sure everyone understands what the players are trying to do,
- Let the students act out the situation.
- Stop players when they step out of their roles or when they cannot continue with success.
- If time allows get a second group of students to play the roles when the first group has is through.
- Summarize the role-play presentations with a short discussion.
- Give concluding remarks, correcting any misinterpretations and errors made.