2 e ii). Explain the efficacy of brainstorming in the teaching process
In brainstorming, this procedure should be followed:
- The teacher introduces a topic or a problem/question to the class and asks members of the class/group for their ideas, solutions or comments on the issue.
- The class/group responds with whatever comes to the mind.
- All responses whether wrong or correct are accepted and recorded on the chalkboard or a piece of paper for reference.
- No comments are allowed until all group/class members have expressed every idea that they can think of
- The teacher allows the class/group to discuss the ideas expressed freely and then evaluates the responses.
- The teacher is free to make modification of the above guidelines to suit the objectives of the lesson.