3c iii). How does a teacher prepare proper charts?
How to prepare charts
When preparing charts for teaching/learning purposes, the teacher should do the following;
- Use a manila paper, which allows for the use of all conventional colours, white is an ideal colour.
- Give the chart a heading written in capital letters, which is brief but clear.
- Give it a frame that has a margin with two opposite sides that are proportional.
- Sketch out the outline of the chart on a manila paper in pencil.
- Pencil in the details of the chart lightly.
- Ink in the outline and details in the chart.
- Where possible use a lettering guide.
- Give the chart a key at the right hand bottom corner. The key should tell exactly what each symbol represents. -” “
- Keep it in good condition before and after use.