3d viii). State ways in which a teacher can utilize objects in a History and Government lesson.
How to utilize objects in a History and Government lesson
To utilize the objects effectively in a teaching/learning situation, the following should be done:
- Introduce the object to the learners.
- If it is big enough display it in a strategic place so that all learners can see it at the same time.
- If it is small pass it round especially, if you want to encourage closer inspection or comments. Do not continue talking as the object is being inspected, as this will divert the learners’ attention.
- Identify questions that can be answered by use of the object.
- When you are giving an explanation or answering questions, make sure thai all the learners can see the object at the same time,
- Draw students’ attention to study the physical qualities of the object and specifically identify what you want the students to study about the object.
- The link between the object and your message must be perfectly clear. This means that, the learners should be able to see the relationship between the object and the content being taught,
- Use the chalkboard to emphasize the main features of the object, –
- Keep it away safely after use to avoid breakage,