2d iv). Explain some of the considerations to be made by the teacher in the discussion method.
The teacher should:
- Act as a leader and initiator of the discussion and should maintain class control.
- Be a guide and a facilitator of the discussion.
- First present the topic of the discussion
- Make seating arrangement such as circle/round the table pattern which is more suitable for discussion.
- Encourage students especially the shy one in participate.
- Appreciate whatever effort is made by students without embarrassing, pressurizing or ridiculing them. J,
- Provide explanations where necessary,
- Clarify doubts/mistakes and misinterpretation.
- Encourage cooperation and team spirit among group members,
- Limit the discussion to a few major facets of Hit! topic.
- Design the discussion so as to fit into the time available.
- Evaluate and summarize the main points of Hit- discussion