2h v). Analyze the advantages of the project method?
Advantages of project method
Project method has a number of advantages.
- Prepares the child for life outside school by acquainting one with real problems of life.
- Promotes a sense of responsibility and cooperation among the learners as they work together to achieve a common goal.
- Treats knowledge as a whole and correlates it avoiding compartmentalizing it into subjects. Imparts training to students to inculcate in them independence, tolerance, patience, open-mindedness and resourcefulness. These virtues are essential for good citizenship.
- Trains for democratic way of life which is exercised through choice of areas of interest in the project,
- Upholds the dignity of labor because students learn to work with their own hands.
- Develops important skills in learners, such as observation, interviewing, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Utilizes the students potential to the full because they are encouraged to use and develop their own talents.
Provides flexibility in learning as the learners learn at their own initiative and pace