3b x). State the limitations of using a chalk board.
Limitations of chalkboard
Although the chalkboard is an effective teaching tool it has a number of shortcomings:
- A lot of time is spent writing on the chalkboard instead of teaching,
- Use of chalkboard does not cater for individual differences, especially learners with low writing speed and reading problems.
- Use of chalkboard poses health problems,
- Use of the chalkboard is dusty and messy and this discourages some teachers from using it effectively.
- Very few teachers have the skill of chalkboard work or writing. This prevents them from utilizing it effectively,
- Sometimes the size of the chalkboard delimits its effective utilization especially when it is too small