3d v). Examine the limitations of using pictures in teaching?
Limitations of using pictures in teaching
- A picture is static and gives only one isolated viewpoint whereas the movement of learners give them constantly changing viewpoints,
- A picture is only two-dimensional and therefore it does not give the depth of whatever it is trying to portray,
- It is lacking in the texture (feel) of whatever it is supposed to portray.
- At times it is not possible to have enough copies for the whole class due to lack of a photocopying or duplicating facilities and this makes their utilization ineffective.
- Effective utilization of pictures needs resourcefulness and competency on the part of the teacher. Not many teachers have acquired these skills nor are they able to identify someone to do the drawing for them.