3c vi) State the importance of maps in the teaching of history and government?
Importance of maps
Maps are useful in history teaching because they:
- Help us locate where people live or have lived in the past.
- Make historical facts comprehensive, real and easy to remember.
- Enable learners to visualize areas in question and relative position of political unity and people’s relationship with their environment.
- Bring the world and people into the classroom.
- Are useful in showing location, direction, distance and relative size of places.