3 e ix). Explain the limitations of using radio in the teaching and learning of History and Government.
The use of the radio in teaching and learning of History and Government has the following limitations:
- There are certain good programmes of general nature that do not fit in the school hours, thus malting it difficult for the teacher and the learners to make effective use of them.
- The listener (learner) is forced to accept the information at the speed it is transmitted.
- The use of the radio is one-way communication, it provides no feedback.
- There is the danger of the radio lessons substituting the teacher.
- Some students may see the radio as a mere source of entertainment and thus get little from it.