2b iv). Explain the purpose of the questioning method.
Purpose of questioning
Questioning technique should not be used for the sake of it but rather it should be applied to:
- Revise work already covered and expose difficulties which the learners may be faced with so that they can be solved.
- Prepare learners for new material by finding out what the learners know regarding a particular topic.
- encourage self-expression, promote thinking and develop appreciation of ideas among the learners,
- Stimulate interest, imagination, initiative and creativity among the learners.
- Help establish rapport with learners in order to keep them involved and attentive during the lesson.
- Emphasize main points in a lesson,
- Show relationship such as cause and effect.
- Enable the learners to develop the skill of observation and interpretation of materials presented to them.