6a iii). Explain how to conduct a radio lesson in the teaching of Religious Education.
How to conduct a radio lesson
When conducting a radio lesson, the teacher should:
- Prepare the learners for the lesson. This can be done by introducing the topic and informing the learners of what is expected of them during and after the lesson, e.g. they should be told to be attentive, to write down new terms and concepts, to make notes, to follow instructions given by the radio teacher;
- Tune the radio before the lesson begins to ascertain that the volume is high enough for all to hear (this should be tested before the teacher goes to the classroom);
- Ensure good sitting/seating arrangement;
- Display the necessary instructional materials before the lesson starts;
- Place the radio at a strategic place in the class to enable learners to hear without straining;