6 b iv). Outline the disadvantages of using the television as a media of instruction?
In spite of its usefulness, the television as a media of instruction has a number of disadvantages:
- It is expensive for some schools.
- There is poor reception in some parts of the country. Therefore, there is need for
more satellites to be set up.
- Electricity can go off in the middle of a programme and there may be no alternative source of power.
- Some programmes fall during wrong hours either when the students are occupied
or when the teacher is not available to organize the entire class for viewing.
- It is difficult to sieve out important information from a programme designed for a different purpose and .addressed to a different audience (public) and make it relevant to school students.