5a iii). Analyze the limitations of newspapers and other related materials.
Limitations of newspapers and related materials
Collateral materials are limited in a number of ways:
- Lack of objectivity: Most of the information obtained from the newspapers, reviews
and magazines on controversial matters is influenced by personal or group interests.
- They can give wrong information to students if they rely so much on them.
- They are not durable because they can easily be destroyed if not handled well.
- Magazines and newspapers give emphasis to immediate news.
- Some collateral materials e.g. journals do not report daily events and so they are not up-to-date.
- Some collateral materials e.g. journals, magazines and newspapers are expensive and this calls for limited readership.