5a vii). Name the qualities of a good chart.
Qualities of a good chart
A good chart must:
- have a heading/title in capital letters.
- bring out the message clearly precisely and forcefully, i.e. it should have a central idea standing out clearly.
- use symbols which can be understood by the users.
- contain information which is true, accurate and authentic in all respects.
- be simple, not loaded with unnecessary details.
- have bold writing and outlines which can be clearly seen from a distance.
- be easy to read with clear symbols and lettering.
- be interesting and neat, making it attractive to look at.
- be of good size, large enough to be seen by the entire class.
- make use of conventional colors where necessary and also color coding to show
contrast, comparisons or growth.