5 b vii). Explain how a teacher can make a model.
How to make a model
Where the learners are involved in the preparation of the model, the teacher should do the following:
- Introduce the object to be modeled, highlighting its main physical features;
- Identify the materials to be used;
- Supply the material or ask the learners to look for materials; Assign roles to individuals or groups;
- Guide them on how to prepare the models;
- Ensure that the amount of detail included depend on the age of the learners;
Supervise the work and give guidance where necessary;
- Evaluate the finished product using the qualities discussed above.
- The teacher may make the model and then present the finished article to the class.
- In utilizing the model, the teacher should use the same procedure used in utilization of objects.