6b v).Suggest ways in which a teacher can organize a successful video lesson in Religious Education
Suggestions on how to organize a video lesson .
A video lesson could be organized as follows:
(1) Introduce the video programme. This can be done by giving a brief statement on the programme, explaining the purpose for watching it, emphasizing on what to look for.
(2) Give a predictive exercise which will prepare students for what they are about to hear and view to familiarize themselves with the content of the video-tape. It will involve asking them to predict/imagine what they are likely to see in that programme.
(3) Show the video-tape.
(4) Follow up the predictive exercise by asking questions to compare what they have viewed and what they had imagined.
(5) Reshow the video a second time if necessary.
(6) Organize follow-up activities/exercise. This can be done in many ways e.g.: discussing the content of the video, students role playing, students doing written exercise related to what they have viewed, or students doing further reading on the topic.