6a iv). State the advantages of using the radio in the teaching of Religious Education
Advantages of using the radio
The radio is important in R.E teaching because of these reasons:
(1) It motivates the learners to learn by providing a variety of voices, e.g. radio teacher, radio students, thus breaking the classroom monotony.
(2) It has power to stimulate the learners‘ imaginative ability.
(3) It provides learners with recent information not available in books.
(4) It provides for individual learning and independence in cases where the learners listen to the radio programmes during their free time.
(5) It improves learner’s listening skill which is important in any learning process.
(6) Radio programme can be tape-recorded and preserved for future use.