5b i). Examine the the criteria for the selection of good pictures in the teaching of Religious Education.
There are a wide variety of pictures which could be used in teaching of R.E. They could
be obtained from textbooks, reference books, religious picture books, postcards,
newspapers, magazines or they could be taken alive by a camera person as events
take place e.t.c.
Criteria for good pictures
A picture selected must be:
- Truthful and accurate, portraying the events of discussion truthfully,
- Clear and easy to understand with important parts of the picture standing out clearly.
- Interesting, attractive in its artistic form and colour leading to the stimulation of the mind.
- Clean and in good condition.
- Suitable for a particular purpose. The teacher has to be clear on the point the picture is supposed to illustrate the lesson
- Visible: It should be large enough and easily visible to the entire class.
- Relevant and useful: A picture must have some educational value making an important contribution to the lesson.