9c iii). Explain how can a teacher evaluate the efficacy of the lecture skill in micro-teaching?
Evaluation guide of the lecture skill
The following are suggested guidelines are evaluating the lecture skill:
- Did the lesson start on an interesting note that attracted the pupils and captured their attention?
- Did the teacher use a well-modulated voice
- Did the teacher use gestures, facial expressions, and body movements
- Was the language used simply
- Was the lecture punctuated with pauses to allow pupils to absorb the content
- Did the teacher keep to the point
- Was the teacher aware of warning signs e.g. restlessness, boredom or confusion
- Did the teacher make effective use of the chalkboard and other illustrative devices
- Was the technique appropriate to the content covered
- Did the teacher give a forceful conclusion
- How was the teacher’s personality (appearance, manner of dressing, behavior etc)