MANAGEMENT OF THE LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRES
8 b ii). Highlight some of the helpful guidelines in the effective management of a Learning Resource Centre.
8.8 Helpful guides in the effective management of the LRC
To manage the LRC effectively, it is important for the school to:
- Know the cost of various items in the LRC
- Know that the most expensive is not necessarily the best
- Request for quotations frequently from different manufacturers
- Make a complete survey of your resources to determine their present status
- Ascertain need for new equipment and services based on demand
- Have a list of priority items in case you may acquire funds (windfalls) for new purchases.
- Involved other teachers in decision making regarding purchase and utilization of media and resources
- There should be delegation of responsibility
- Allot funds according to needs.