MANAGEMENT OF THE LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRES
8 b i). Highlight some of the problems facing the LRC.
8.7 Problems facing the LRC
Various problems face the LRC and hinder its use for effective use in enriching instruction. Some of these include:
- Availability of personnel of the right caliber. Currently, there are very few media specialists and support staff and appointments leave a lot to be desired.
- Limited funds prohibit the establishment of an LRC in schools and zones.
- Many schools do not have adequate space to house an LRC’s sophisticated activities.
- Time factor. The school day is only so long as is the school year.
- The attitude of the teaching staff has tended to be negative. Teachers tend to fear anything technological being introduced in teaching.