9b ii). Examine some of the Educational determinants of Personality
Educational Determinants of Personality
Educational institutions play a significant role in personality development.
- Schools rank second to the home as their influence comes early in life when the self-concept is being formed.
- In fact, once children join school they spend more time there than in any other place outside the home.
- The school has different influences and challenges on the child.
- It is the first place that provides the child with challenges. At school, the child is no longer a baby.
- When he is an equal among peers.
- When he cries they laugh at him and tease him as a crybaby.
- When he wets or soils himself and they break into laughter.
- School provides the child with the opportunity to measure himself against the peers in terms of intellectual, social and physical abilities.