DEFINITION OF TERMS
1a ii). Analyze National goals of education in Kenya
National goals of education in Kenya
Goals of education describe what is to be achieved through education by educational institutions, for example, to unite all Kenyans and develop Kenya. This means that all educational institutions starting from pre-primary schools should work towards the achievement of the goals. They should provide knowledge, skills and attitudes to facilitate the achievement of the national goals of education. The role of managers of educational institutions is to ensure that the goals are achieved.
Examples of goals are the national goals of education in Kenya. The goals are:
- To foster nationalism, patriotism and promote national unity.
- To promote the social economic, technological and industrial needs for national development.
- To promote individual development and self-fulfillment.
- To promote sound social equality and responsibility.
- To promote sound religious values.
- To promote respect for and development of Kenya’s rich and varied cultures.
- To promote international consciousness and foster positive attitudes towards other nations.
- To promote positive attitudes, good health and environmental protection.