2.10 Provide an analysis of some of the challenges facing the French Educational System
Challenges of the French education system
- There is need for better trained teaching personnel
- The system has to deal with the growing cultural differences within the schools and student population
- The system has to streamline the pupils in the lycees and colleges with a democratic education.
- The system needs to reduce the discrepancies in order to balance the education between whole generations and individual personality.
- There is the problem of shifting of financial implications from the state to the local communities.
- There has been a problem of strikes especially in 1968 that affected the education system.